Taylor & Crawley

Established 1937

Porsche 907-1

Details

Exterior Colour
White
Type
907
Year
1967
Chassis No
007

Download PDF Factsheet

PORSCHE 907 – 007
One of 21 Porsche 907s built at the Porsche Race Department in Stuttgart, they were produced in both long (L) and short (K) tail configuration. Chassis 007 is recorded as a short tail car produced with 2,195cc 8 cylinder 771/1 engine (also numbered 007) and completed on the 1st March 1967 when it was road registered as S-ZL 855.
907-007 was a Porsche works entry at the 1967 Brands Hatch BOAC 6 Hours driven by Hans Hermann and Jochen Neerpach finishing 4th behind the 7 litre Chaparral. The next outing was the Nurburgring 600km where 907-007 was just used in practice and then in 1968 it was back at Brands Hatch for testing prior to the BOAC 6 Hours. The final Porsche works outing was the 1968 Targa Florio again as the testing “Muletto”, the 1,250km racked up by 907-007 keeping the practice miles off the winning 907.
Now retired from the works team 907-007 was transferred from the Porsche Racing Department to Porsche’s Department PBL for exhibition on 20th December 1968. At the end of 1969 it was sold to longtime Porsche entrant Karl von Wendt’s stable alongside his two other 907s.
Von Wendt kept the car until 1984 when he sold it to Willi Kauhsen who finally got round to restoring the car in 1990 and on completion re-registered 907-007 for the road as AC-P 907 in September 2005. Sold to a French collector shortly after who entered the car at Nogaro the following year and employed Porsche’s own Le Mans winner, Jurgen Barth to drive it - first time back on the track for 37 years.
907-007 has been invited to the cream of the World’s Historic Race meetings over the past few years including the Le Mans Classic and is offered race ready with current FIA HTP.
 


Request more information about this car